As I stood in the very hot shower this morning letting the water run for an excessive amount of time, I suddenly had a thought.
“Man I had better enjoy these hot showers now because who knows what I am going to be getting when I travel.”
Which led to -
“What exactly will I be missing as I travel – what are the things I take for granted?”
As we head into the Thanksgiving week here are the things that I am thankful for and take for granted everyday. They are in no particular order.
- Hot showers.
- Drinkable tap water.
- Uncontaminated fruits and veggies, for the most part.
- A washer and dryer of my own.
- My favorite laundry detergent and dryer sheets.
- Toilets that flush, soft, two-ply toilet paper and being allowed to flush said paper. Trust me I have already experienced toilet paperless toilets and I have had my share of pooping behind trees.
- Grocery stores just around the corner and full of everything I could possibly need to make a quick dinner.
- Target. ’Nuff said.
- Television – even without the cable.
- Electricity that works every time I flip the switch.
- Blow dryer.
- My favorite lotions and body wash.
- Electric toothbrush.
- Working out to Insanity.
- Eyebrow waxes and hairdresser.
- My bed with fresh clean sheets and no bed bugs.
- Car that is always at my disposal to take me wherever I need to go.
- My house. A place where I can be myself in all things. A place to chill and just hang with my family with all of the familar things around us.
Friends and Family
Being able to see my friends and family whenever I wish.
While I will be leaving my job, I still like my job. It’s fun and challenging with everyday being different.
What are you thankful for? Comments welcome!